1. Be Kind and Courteous – We are all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let’s treat each other with respect and kindness. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
2. No Spam or Irrelevant Links – Give more than you take to this group. Spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed, but self-promotion is permitted when it is relevant to the discussion, thread or ideas shared.
3. No Hate Speech or Bullying – Make sure everyone feels safe to share opinions. Bullying of any kinds is not allowed and degrading comments will not be tolerated.
4. Respect Everyone’s Privacy – Being apart of a group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussion make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What’s share in the group should stay in the group.
5. Ask First – A group is a place with varying ideas and views. With many great ideas being shared, please ask the original poster before you quote them on your blog or outside the group.
6. Admins Act As Judge – The admins are entitled to deny entry to any member they choose, screen comments and remove any comments or members that are not in compliance with the rules.
7. Don’t Post Graphic or Disturbing Media – Don’t post violent, pornographic or disturbing photos, videos or links.
8. No Cursing – We want this to be a safe and family friendly space. Please do not use any curse words or other offensive words. 3 strikes and your out.
9. Introduce Yourself in Welcome Post Only – We love that you decided to join The Genealogy Tribe, but with new members joining all the time it can be easy to have the groups feed taken up with “Thank you for the add” and “Here is my issue right now”. Please only post these in the comments in the welcome post every Sunday and Thursday.
10. Be inviting – Feel free to share this group on your personal walls and with family and friends who you think would benefit from being a member. We need your help to grow.